The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baking Day

I'll admit that sometimes I know that I'm not quite pulling my weight as a stay at home mother. Theoretically (and most days, in reality), the reason I stay home is because there's a lot of work to do around here. Children need cared for. Households need run. Children need cared for. Dinner needs cooked. Children need cared for.

When I'm out horseback riding in the desert and the children are being watched by Rere while she cleans the house and leaves pots full of delicious mashi to be eaten for dinner, the line from useful to well... replaceable has been crossed.

Last week, however, I pulled my weight around here. Six loaves of regular bread. Six loaves of banana bread. And 1 1/2 dozen English muffins. All before lunch.

5 comments:

UnkaDave said...

Nice looking bread, especially on pink Egyptian granite. I can almost smell it (the bread)!

Unknown said...

Oh yum! Can I come over? lol

PaulaJean said...

It all looks delicious!

Latter-day Guy said...

I don't think I've ever had a homemade English muffin... it's a shame Cairo is so far away!

Tyler and Rachael said...

Yum. I think you should post your bread recipes---those loaves look delicious.