The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Re-entry

Recently, I found a picture that Kathleen had drawn.

When I asked her what it was, she explained that it was a flotation vest in the event of a water landing.  I was pleased to note the level of detail she had included, down to the tubes in the shoulder to inflate the vest by blowing into them.  I think, although I didn't ask, the object in the flight attendant's hand is the seatbelt also used in the presentation.

The other day I found the girls with their toy box empty.  The had propped up the lid and were sitting inside.  I asked them what they were doing, and Kathleen cheerfully replied that they were in the airplane, it had made a water landing, and now they were going to slide down the slide into the water.  I made sure they were wearing their flotation vests.

We're home and through with airplane rides.  I was grateful to have Brandon along for the return home, as it was much more of a hassle than the trip to the US had been.  We flew from Missouri, through Chicago and Frankfurt and were finally home.

Kathleen and Sophia (who fell asleep before the plane to Cairo even took off), were both thrilled to be awakened in Cairo, home sweet home.  "We're in Cairo!" Sophia kept exclaiming, "we're home!"

In the airport we waited for everyone to get situated and Kathleen spied some Egyptians in a waiting room, asleep.  She wanted to know why they were asleep, and so I explained to her that it was Ramadan, and so they stayed up all night partying and so were sleep the next day.  "Oh," she exclaimed, eager to apply knowledge recently gained, "they must be nocturnal."

We're back in Cairo and happy to be home.  For as long as Cairo continues to be our home.

3 comments:

PaulaJean said...

Great picture. Thanks for sharing. Next time we come to you!

Bridget said...

Yay! Welcome in Egypt, again.

UnkaDave said...

Tell Kathleen I enjoyed her picture, and I am impressed by the detail that she remembered from the flight attendant's safety talk. I would wager she remembers it better than the 48-year-old business guy who was nodding off across the aisle.