The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last week I turned thirty-one.  This morning Sophia, in an impressed tone, told me that my church outfit made me look older. Curious as to how old I looked to a four and a half year-old, I asked her.  She furrowed her brow in thought for half a minute and then replied, "Thirty-seven."  I'm glad to hear that I'm starting to look like a responsible adult, not just someone that might be mistaken for the nanny au pair.

To celebrate my birthday, Brandon and I abandoned the children to our housekeeper and stayed overnight at a nice hotel in the old city.  I picked him up from work Friday afternoon and we had dinner before attending a performance of Verdi's Requiem at the Symphony.

Our plan the next day was to go and see all of the old city sights that we still haven't seen because we've been busy going to parks, more parks, and the beach.  However, Brandon vetoed the idea since we have family coming and we'll see all of those things when they come anyway.  So instead we went rug shopping.

Once again our plans went awry, and instead of bringing home something small we hauled this beauty home with us.



Owen the bear is providing scale for you.

On my actual birthday, we took the children to a park in the morning and then Brandon watched everyone and cooked dinner and dessert while I took a nap and read a book with nobody bothering me.  

It's really too bad I have to wait an entire year for the next one.



4 comments:

Bridget said...

Happy birthday! The rug and yourself look great. :)

sarahflib said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday! I'm glad to hear you had a great time, and I love your choice of activities--a nap and a book in perfect solitude. Sounds like bliss to me!

PaulaJean said...

Nice birthday and nice rug. Thanks for saving the old town sights until we come.

UnkaDave said...

Happy Birthday! Nice rug! Nice husband!
Your mother almost a month ago reminded me, "Now, you've only got a month to prepare for my birthday."