The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

... So Where to Begin?

I suppose that when I said that we would have internet by the end of the week, I really meant by the end of the next week.  I'm starting to see that around here customer service is given good lip service, but with no follow-up.  Thankfully then embassy here is fantastically supportive and Brandon was loaned a router until things are sorted out with the internet company.  We only have internet on the first floor, but that's what happens when you live in a three-story concrete house.

We are starting to settle in after waves one two and three of stuff washed over us in a three-day period.  My goal this week is to finish up all of the unpacking and then maybe start to organize my life.

In a short review, the trip here was amazingly easy (thank-you Benadryl and Lunesta), and all of the people who have helped out have been wonderful.  I have a new standard to live up to when I get to be a social sponsor.  Our house is wonderful, and even the weather hasn't been as unpleasant as I feared.

So, life is good.

Stay tuned for updates (and maybe even pictures one day).


3 comments:

Bridget said...

Hooray! I can't wait.

PaulaJean said...

Internet is the salvation of foreign living. Three cheers for being connected to family and the rest of the world!!

UnkaDave said...

Three floors?! Is that why the US is running those deficits? We're lucky to HAVE a floor! Ditto what your mother said about internet access.