The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Does your car insurance cover these events?

We got a friendly update from our car insurance provider, Clements, the other day.  It was in the junk folder where most messages get a subject line scan, if they're lucky.  But when I saw the title, my curiosity was piqued: Political Violence Coverage Added to Your Insurance Policy.  I opened the email to read exactly what 'political violence' included.

I'm very relieved to see that my car is now insured in case of mutiny.  So if the children decide they've had enough hiking and decide to take over and go to EuroDisney instead, the car is covered in case their bad driving causes problems.

Thank you, Clements.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I'm pretty sure that mine specifically excludes acts of war. (Which is a huge risk on the mean streets of Lake Oswego.)

PaulaJean said...

Wow! We don't have any car insurance since we don't own any operable cars.

UnkaDave said...

Not to alarm you, but I noticed that they didn't include mud volcanoes or sheep damage. Need an extra policy rider?

UnkaDave said...

Not to alarm you, but I noticed that they didn't include mud volcanoes or sheep damage. Need an extra policy rider?

Bridget said...

Ooh, I'll have to check. I think ours might have something about camels and it also covers the blood money you pay if (heaven forbid) you hit someone with your car and they die.