The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Do you hear what I hear?

And that would be nothing.  Well, nothing other than dogs barking, a plane flying overhead, perhaps a car driving by.  But what I don't hear is the dulcet tones of Sophia's darling cry, fraying my nerves to the point where the sherry in our refrigerator begins to look tempting.

Recently, Sophia has been giving me some... trouble, so today I decided to give her some... trouble.  When she began whining about being put down for her afternoon nap, I brought out the big guns.  I shut her door, I shut my door, I put in earplugs, and turned on a fan in my room.  If she wanted to cry for half an hour before going to sleep, it wasn't going to interrupt my nap. 

And now, almost two hours later, silence.  Wonderful silence.  And what have I done with my silent peace?  Told  you about it, instead of doing something useful.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baby steps, dear! Baby steps! Tomorrow you can get stuff done! ;)