The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

OCD

As a child growing up, I had many complaints, as all children do.  One of the many complaints was about my mother.  She would walk into a room with 3 or 4 piles of things in it and exclaim, "Stuff!  There's stuff EVERYWHERE!!"  We, being children, would roll our eyes and try to ignore the shouting woman in the corner. 

Another complain was my mother's Cleaning Lists, which had completely ridiculous items like 'dust the baseboards,' 'dust the picture frames,' and 'wipe off the cupboards.'  Obviously such things were not necessary because the house was always so clean.

It is often our fate in life to become that which we mock, and when I was in college, I started to notice some symptoms of my mother's disease.  I tried my best to ignore them and live my life like a normal person.

Alas, I must now admit to having become just like my mother.  A few days ago I found myself attacking all of the moulding in my house with magic erasers.  The next day Brandon found me reveling in my newly cleaned stove knobs.  And that night I ironed and starched my pillow shams.

We will be seeking treatment soon.

5 comments:

Ashlie said...

Haha! I love it! I too have suffered from this disease, but after years of struggle, I am beginning to overcome it. There is hope.

Lindsay Edward said...

See! I knew we were related! haha It's always reassuring to know you're not the only one with OCD tendencies. Mine run very deep at times. Magic erasers rock!

PaulaJean said...

I'm happy to hear it rubbed off somehow. :-)

Unknown said...

hahahaha! I love it! James thinks I suffer from this, but I deny it vehemently.

Latter-day Guy said...

LOL! I wish someone in my apartment had such a struggle. Unfortunately, we are all quite content with an apartment that looks "lived in." (If we were being accurate we would say "died in.")