The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Complaint (or two or maybe three)

Author's note: For those of you who have actual things to complain about in your lives, I ask you to see my complaining as a way to feel better about yourselves - at least you're not as wimpy as me. For those of you who live charmed lives, I hope this brings some humor to your day and an excuse to feel even better about your charmed life - than heavens you don't have so many self-created problems as me!

Sometimes in our lives we enjoy complaining. It doesn't make anything better, and it usually makes one more discontented in the long run, but it offers short-term relief. It's very similar to a bowl of ice cream. So I will now complain. It has less effect on my clothes fitting.

1. One day I want to own (or even just reside) somewhere where all of the things I own are located. And they aren't located anywhere else.

2. At this residence I don't want to have to call three different people and work the system so that I can go and get my stuff out of the basement. Or garage.

3. In my eventual mythical paradise, I want to be able to put things back in the basement without having two spend two years in a foreign country with the aforementioned things before they can go back to the basement.

4. I don't want to have to drive 1 1/2 hours to my basement.

5. I want to drive around, look at domiciles, and then just pick one and then know what to take and what to throw away.

6. I want to be able to take my newborn baby from the hospital, drive home with them, and that's it, instead of 1. applying for a birth certificate 2. using the birth certificate to get a passport. 3. using the passport to get added to travel orders 4. getting a medical checkup so that 5. I and the baby can get medically cleared 6. using the travel orders and medical clearance to get a plane ticket, and 7. using the plane ticket to fly 1/4 around the globe by myself with three children

7. I want to stay somewhere longer than three years.

Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

PaulaJean said...

All valid complaints. Does the prospect of household help ease your pain?

UnkaDave said...

Yes, but remember that you get to live in Cairo, where, uh, things will be convenient, no, OK, where everything works well...oops! Cairo, where, you know, um, well, there is an efficient and friendly bureaucracy..ahh, where you can swim in cool, clear streams... the produce is really good! There, now do you feel better?

daisy deb said...

When you have the said place, you will be wishing to be on another grand adventure!

Mary Pugh said...

Every mom needs a good vent now and then....AND a big bowl of ice cream...preferably smothered in hot fudge sauce.

Lydia said...

I hear your pain. After 10 1/2 years of marriage, I'm finally getting #1-6. Not that we're having a baby, but we could and not have all the joys of #6. #7 isn't possible, but 1 year is better than nothing. Although I did have to send my husband to a war zone for 1 year to get all this. Why why why did we choose the overseas life?