The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Conspicuous Consumption

Last Monday, I went to Costco.  While there I bought, among other things, two pounds of cheese and three dozen eggs.  Today, eight days later, I have six eggs and two ounces of cheese.

The Wednesday before that, I bought two pounds of butter.  Not quite two weeks later we have one and a half sticks.

Last Thursday, I bought four pounds of tomatoes and two heads of garlic.  Today, five days later, I have three cloves of garlic and Brandon had to run to the store for three more pounds of tomatoes.

I'm not sure how we're going to be able to afford a teenaged son.

2 comments:

PaulaJean said...

You afford the teenage sons by the older sisters moving out. Then your grocery bill stays the same.

Lindsay Edward said...

I've already thought about that as well! It's absurd how much milk we go through in a week. I might be better off buying a cow when the teenage years approach.