Dear Grandpa, how are you? The letter you sent was hilarious. The picture of Joseph was the most striking. Here’s something funny we will write:
My Many Desires
By Joseph H. Sherwood
First, I would like to tell you how pleased I am to be a three-year old. My greatest desire is to have whatever I want. I would someday hope to be the supreme ruler.
Things That I Am Lacking
- A fancy palanquin.
- Cookies every day for at least a meal.
- At least 7 meals a day and snacks whenever I want them.
- Soda for my daily drink.Fanta and other types.
- Many servants who will obey my command.
- Graham crackers and marshmallows every day.
- The number of daily snacks each day will consist of at least 15.
- At least a meal will consist of ice cream and lollipops.
- A grand castle, fully furnished.
- To go to bed at 12:00 AM and wake up at 3:00 AM
- Many real working toy weapons.
- To have a whole bunch of candy.
- Many living animals.
- A tool box full of real tools and a wall I can drill holes in.
- Many little vehicles I can drive around.
- A real lighter and something I can set fire to.
- My siblings to not hurt me or persecute me and Edwin to be in prison.
- Games that I can play all by myself and things I can break.
- A light system, fancy wallpaper, and many windows.
- Wallpaper that is flavored like ice cream.
- Here is a list of my things:
- A reasonable cardboard house.
- A baby doll.
- A fully stocked kitchen.
- A bed I can lie down in.
- A nicely furnished room for my beloved sister.
- Various junk in my house.
- My sister’s busy box.
- About 3 nicely furnished rooms.
- Several empty rooms.
- The vacuum cleaner.
- Am I not poor? The things you have read in this list are all I have in the world.Here is a conversation between me and my sister.The E stands for Eleanor and J stands for me.E:Why haven’t you been working?
- J:I have been telling all these respectable people what I have and what I lack.
- E:Oh Joseph, now you’ll be a rich man!
- J: Why do you say that?
- E:Because all of these respectable people are here to help you!
- J: Now I am a rich man! Now get me what I request!
- E: Oh Joseph, why do you say that when we can help others?
- J: Because I do not believe in helping others!
- E: Oh Joseph, that you shouldn't say that!
- We hope you enjoyed this.
- Sophia and Kathleen
- P.S. They were originally going to be a couple and have kids, but we decided not.