The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Dr. Brown, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the ER

Often family pictures can be stressful, and coupled with those flashing lights, it may leave some with headaches. What it left Brandon with was a migraine. Formerly, in another life, before I met Brandon, he suffered from migraines, mostly in high school. However, with my wonderful presence bestowing goodness at every turn, we thought that Brandon was free of them. He was, until a few Fridays ago.

So we prepared to spend the rest of the day sitting out the migraine, and resting from the after-effects. However, when Brandon couldn't remember Kathleen's name, couldn't see out of his right eye, and told me he was having problems "abling," we decided to head to the hospital.

Thankfully the ER was not very busy, and after and hour or so, Brandon was able to get a potent cocktail of drugs that made it difficult to do anything, much less remember anyone's names. Kathleen was very patient, helped by many, many walks around the ER hallways where she smiled and flirted with anyone who would give her a second glance. After three hours and a CT scan, we headed home to put both Brandon and Kathleen to bed. I think he might have gotten ever more sleep than Kathleen, something that has never happened before, and isn't likely to happen again.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Holy cow. That would be terrifying. I think I would have had a heart attack. (Yes, I am a nurse. Problem is, I could imagine all the horrible things that could be happening.) You're much more calm and collected than I am. And I'm proud of Kathleen for being so patient in the ER! Tell Brandon I want to know what all the narcotics and benzos are like. I dispense them all the time, and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to get really snowed. :)

dixonfamily said...

I am glad that everyone survived the trip to the ER. Brandon, I am so sorry that you are having those things again. I have then every time I'm pregnant, and with Tracen, most times it resulted in my not being able to talk either. So horrible. I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and I can't wait to see the pictures from the portrait session responsible for all your troubles!

Sherwoods said...

Oh no! That is horrible. I hope that he is feeling better, especially after a night of drug induced sleep. Let's face it, sometimes we could all use one of those!