The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

We had no idea

Recently Kathleen got new nursery leaders. Or, to be more accurate, she finally got nursery leaders. Unlike most wards, the Cairo branch goes through turmoil every summer, losing about one third of its members, with the Primary usually suffering very heavily from loss of teachers and so the branch limps along as best as it can until everyone is finally settled down.

As a method of introduction, the husband in the nursery pair thought it funny to introduce himself AA-style. 'I'm Aden,' he told the mostly non-verbal children, 'and I've been off the bottle for 24 years.'

Kathleen was next. 'I- I- I'm Kathleen,' she continued in mimicry, 'and- and... I'm... still on the bottle.' With that pronouncement, she buried her head in her hands evidently in shame as the other children looked on in puzzlement and Aden's wife tried to stifle her guffaws.

We'll be putting her in rehab next week.

10 comments:

sarahflib said...

That is hilarious. Smart girl.

Latter-day Guy said...

Best. Alcoholic. Baby. Story. Ever. (And there are a lot of them!)

dixonfamily said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! Oh Kathleen, you are too darn cute!
Post some pictures of your beautiful girls and life in Cairo.
Love you guys.

The Olsen's said...

too funny!!! I am glad that your nursery is more like a 12 step program...our is about 1 step a way from chaos sometimes!

Lindsay Edward said...

There are no words to describe just how ridiculously adorable that girl is! Too funny!

Laura said...

I like the fact tthat she was ashamed. . .

daisy deb said...

ha, ha.....and a few nights this week i had cold cereal while I feed the rest of the fam soups, salads, tacos....it just sounded better to me...and with 2.3 months to go, I do pretty much what I want...well, because I'm the mom and I can! :>)

PaulaJean said...

Funny, I was under the impression that Kathleen has been off the bottle for at least a year. Why did she say she was still on it?

Hilarious!!

UnkaDave said...

I laughed out loud (isn't there an abbreviation for that?), and even got a laugh out of some Home Teachees in its retelling.
Your daughter is, let's say, unusual!

Ashlie said...

I laughed so hard when I read this! That girl cracks me up!