The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Every Day Counts

This morning, I woke up next to Brandon.  Instead of sitting on a plane crossing the Atlantic, he was next to me.

Approval from M has not come yet, and we were told not to look for it until mid-week, which means that we have another week with Brandon before he has to return to Cairo.  The situation there is still unstable, and so my secret hope and prayer is that we will have longer than just one week.

Every day, however, is borrowed time and so we pretend that every day is a normal one.  We get up, get ready for the day, and send Brandon off to work so he can return after everyone is in bed.  It's not the life I prefer, but I'll take any time with him here that I can get.  And I thank my Heavenly Father for every day I have.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Sending you lots of hugs.

dixonfamily said...

What a life, huh? I'm glad you are all still together for at least another week. We are praying for you guys.

UnkaDave said...

We´re glad he´s there for now. Wherever we are.