The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

And now there are six

Last Sunday, Brandon declared that it was time to decide on a name for the baby.  I turned to the girls who were coloring at the table and asked them whether they would like to name the baby William or Joseph.  "Joseph," Kathleen declared.  I turned to Sophia.  "Jospeh," she confirmed.  Brandon turned to me.  "Joseph," I agreed.

"Fine," he returned, "you win, but I don't have to like it."

And so without further ado, introducing Joseph, the newest member of our family.








He arrived without any trouble and is happy and healthy.  The girls are delighted with their new brother, constantly begging me to be able to feed him with a bottle, bathe him, change his diapers, and feed him.  Edwin loves to hold him, for about thirty seconds, before he dumps Joseph off his lap to go do something else.

I am doing well, and enjoying the wonderful help of my dear sister who has taken a week to come and help out.  The children have enjoyed more walks and parks this past week than in the past month.

We're all happy to have another addition to our family!

15 comments:

Bridget said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie.

Just US said...

Congratulations!!! He is a cutie pie!!

Jill said...

Yeah!!! He is so sweet. I've always loved that name. He looks like Sophia. I'm so glad all went well and I hope you have a quick recovery. Ps I thought of you today as I opened another jar of Egyptian Apricot jam! Oh and I thought I would tell you that I'm now primary chorister :/ I will have to break out the bean jar. Miss you!

Unknown said...

He is so precious! Congratulations!!!! Sorry you lost, Brandon, but there's always next time. ():)

Tammy and Alvin said...

Congratulations! Love the pictures. Impressed that you've even updated the quotes on the side of your blog.

Brandon, it's not over until the baby is blessed.

nelsonjeneen said...

Congratulations to all of you! Hope all goes well when things settle down. Adding the fourth kid is hard but I wouldn't go back. Best wishes.
Jill

Mindy, aspiring organized expat said...

Congratulations!
Does it help at all, Brandon, that the nicknames for Joseph are generally a lot better than the nicknames for Williams??

Sending hugs all around,
Mindy

Daniela Swider said...

He's precious! Congrats! Everyone looks so happy!!!

Donna said...

Such a beautiful baby...

Nomads By Nature said...

Welcome little Joseph and congratulations to the Sherwood clan! What a precious bundle!!! Enjoy your getting acquainted time as you adjust to being 6!

dixonfamily said...

Sorry to take so long to congratulate you all on Joseph's safe arrival! Still trying to recover from our trip to Utah. Anyway, Joseph is just beautiful! I definitely think he looks like Sophia. I'm so glad everyone has survived so far. You guys are in our prayers that the next couple of months go smoothly. We sure love you guys!!

MamaM said...

I can't believe you have four children! You are my hero. So glad your sister is there to help and that the birth went well. Enjoy this time with your new one and have a safe trip!

pillarofpeace said...

Congratulations to you all and Enjoy your BABYMOON:)

Tyler and Rachael said...

Much and many congratulations!!

Latter-day Guy said...

Many Congrats on numero cuatro! Glad that he arrived happy and healthy. Praying for you guys!