The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Yes, we have that

This past week I unpacked my last box.  Which I consider to be pretty good - only five weeks after arriving in a completely new country, all of my things are unpacked.  Our final household shipment arrived on Tuesday, and on Wednesday the furniture warehouse brought over some more furniture for our third floor.

I know, I know life is really rough when you have to go through the trouble of having people bring extra furniture that you don't have to buy up to the third floor of your house.  I'm trying to deal with it.

Part of the furniture delivered was slated for our special closet I like to call Little America and the girls like to refer to as 'the store.'  We've had our consumables for three weeks now but with no shelves to unpack things onto, I didn't want to open all of the boxes.  On Wednesday, however, we finally got the shelves and so that was the day for unpacking.

If you were wondering what I decided was crucial for two years in Azerbaijan, I'll give you a tour.


I wouldn't be Mormon without my sacks of wheat, sugar, beans, and popcorn

The Great Wall of Charmin.  Because you need to take good care of your bum.

Chicken stock, anyone?

To go with the masa and tortilla press.

If you've ever lived overseas, you'd understand.

And this, too.

This is what two hundred pounds of brown sugar looks like.

Don't forget the Cheerio-hugging toddler.  Very essential.

7 comments:

UnkaDave said...

Wow! Pretty cool! I assume that you just didn't take a picture of the Fruity Pebbles and Trix, right? Right?!!

PaulaJean said...

My favorite part is the Cheerio-hugging toddler. I'm glad he is considered essential, too.

Bridget said...

I envy your foresight in shipping over chicken stock. It just isn't the same overseas. I plan on bringing back a bunch with me next time we're in the US. Excellent job on the food/tp storage!

Just US said...

I am impressed! Both with your ability to unpack so quickly and all the many wonderful items you took in your consumables!! Great job!

MamaM said...

That is one amazing stash. I'm most proud of you for calculating everything out and shopping for it all!

Crys said...

Nancy and Bridget's friend here. Saw the TP stock and laughed so hard. The one summer we lived overseas I filled a bag with Charmin. My husband thinks I'm a nut to be so picky about something I'm just going to flush away but I just have to have it :)

Connie said...

I am impressed. I don't think I have it in me to organize and plan a consumables shipment... oh, I might shop and ship stuff, but I think I'd have a load of 'what was I thinking?!' when we go to the other side.