The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Different year, same costumes

It's 5:31.  Edwin is in the bath, sitting in the dark watching the LED tub light change color (I know you're jealous).  Joseph is sitting in bed, hopefully going to sleep.  I'm upstairs, enjoying a little bit of peace and silence after running errands this afternoon with the children.  Naila is downstairs cooking dinner (now I know you're really jealous).  Brandon is at work.

And the girls?  They're out wandering the neighborhood dressed as princesses, the same thing they were dressed as last year, knocking on people's doors and asking for candy.

So yes, that sums up me as a slacker mom.  Someone else is cooking my dinner, my baby is crying himself to sleep, the two year-old is in the bathtub alone, and my six- and four- year old are wandering the neighborhood by themselves asking strange people for candy.

Sometimes I feel like a walking advertisement for birth control.

2 comments:

PaulaJean said...

I don't see a problem.
Or, I guess I could say it's your problem now.
Your father.

Alisa said...

You crack me up!!!