The views expressed in this blog are personal and not representative of the U.S. Government, etc etc etc.
Read at your own risk.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall (what a nice thought)

Recently I have been noticing a particular theme in many of my friends’ blogs: fall. I even have a few friends who have updated their backgrounds to coincide with the season. They speak glowingly of that crisp in the air, the leaves changing colors, the excitement for school to start, and all of those other things that are theoretically supposed to come with the end of September.

Last Saturday, we went swimming. It was 92 outside. When I woke up this morning, the air conditioning was doing its usual arctic blast right over my bed. I found some new bright-pink flowers on the bougainvillea plants draped over my balcony. Since the flowers are technically leaves, does that count as the leaves changing?

3 comments:

PaulaJean said...

As one who is consistently cold, I like the thought of bougainvillea. It's 72 today, and I've been cold all day.

Mary Pugh said...

Ashley- I want to see pictures of your world! Sounds beautiful...a bougainvillea on your porch? Seriously.

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's still in the low 90's here and so humid... HELP!!